Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quiet Time

I need to start by telling you all that I don't truly know what quiet time is.  I haven't so much as gone to the bathroom by myself for 13 years.  (OK, I do use the loo alone at work, let's not go too far.)  In fact, just recently I became aware of the fact that I was actually in the bathroom alone!  It was kind of a big day for me.  Seriously, the only way I was able to have uninterrupted "quiet time" with my husband was after I told my son what we were doing -- he does not bother us any more, nor does he let his sister knock!  It's great.

So, all that to say that a regular quiet time with God has not been a part of my life for a long time.  I do get times here and there, but they are not regular or daily.  I am currently on a journey to draw yet closer to God.  He is calling me to pursue more of Him and I really want to.  However, I am having a hard time finding the...time.  There is a change in me.  I am less interested by my Netflicks queue and other distractions.  What I want is more of God, more art in my life, more connection.  I think part of my issue is lack of practice.  When I find myself with time to do these things, I don't think to do them.  I need to become more purposeful.  There is a line in a book I'm reading that talks about our children seeing us as radical Christians, sold out to following Jesus.  I so love that idea.  I want my children to know that there is truly no sacrifice too big when it comes to Christ.  I want to give everything to Him -- and right now I'm not giving Him everything.  There is more I can give and I don't want to wait until I'm hit upside the head with that 2x4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment