Thursday, July 28, 2011

annoying habits

We have a big Healthy Lifestyle push at work...like all the time.
I am not really an unhealthy person (2 cups of coffee with cream AND lots of sugar, 1 coke, couple bottles of water thrown in for good measure, pb&j, whatever I want for lunch and a sweet snack in the afternoon.... OK, maybe I am an unhealthy person).  Obviously I am in some denial.  As I've passed the threshold of my 40s things have gone down hill physically.  I've always claimed my body hates me (a claim I stand by today).  I have a list of issues reaching back to puberty that I've just learned to live with.

However, I am noticing that each year further into this decade I have more complaints.

And these complaints are more bothersome.

I was looking at a list of supplements that will help with many issues the average human body deals with and my current plan was to just take all the supplements and keep doing everything else the same.  One of my coworkers was kind enough to point out the fallacy of this approach. She is very good at watching her diet and being smart about what treats she indulges in.  (Hey, maybe I should just pay her to cater my food each day!!)

All this to say I don't want to change and know I need to.  Did you hear me?  I know I need to.  Don't "they" say that acknowledging you have a problem is the first step?  OK, I've made the first step.  Now, where are the M&Ms?

No comments:

Post a Comment