Monday, July 30, 2012

gay marriage

As Christians I believe we often don't realize that we have a reasonable and grounded standard for our faith.  I believe we have bought the lines the world feeds us about how Christianity is just a faith in something and that we have to ignore the real "facts" of science in order to be a Christian.


I want to say -- this is absolutely false!  


We have a reasonable faith!  Believing in Jesus as the son of man, in God as creator, in the ideas and ideals of Christianity is sound!


I have struggled with what to do about homosexuality for a long time.  I think the struggle comes from my dislike of the hateful manner many Christians take towards this issue.  I dislike the extreme focus on it and feel that while we need to stand up against sin and encourage others to live a better life -- we need to encourage them towards something good as well as away from sin.


Here is a well written article on the topic.
I hope you have the time to read it.


http://www.pleaseconvinceme.com/index/A_Simple_Case_for_Traditional_Marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment